Troy Flinn is the founding member of AlphaWealth Advisors and has more than 33 years’ experience in the wealth management industry. Troy received a degree in Finance from Virginia Commonwealth University in 1985 and the Chartered Financial Consultant designation from the American College in 1991. At AlphaWealth, Troy oversees the investment and asset management of all client portfolios. This includes evaluating strategic investment opportunities and designing systematic investment strategies.
Troy oversees the design, installation, administration, government compliance and consulting services for all types of qualified retirement plans. Currently, AlphaWealth Advisors is the third-party administrator to multiple retirement plans. Also, he is the author of many articles on industry related topics and he is a frequent seminar presenter.
An active professional and community volunteer, Troy is a member of Estate Planning Council, Financial Planning Association (Former Board Member), Former Board Member Benedictine College Preparatory, Member Atlantic Financial Group Advisory Council. He was a former Board Member of the Benedictine College Preparatory Education Foundation and a former Board Member of the Saint Francis Home.
In his spare time, Troy enjoys coaching 7th and 8th grade Youth Football for the Benedictine Middies. He resides in Goochland County, with his wife Denise. Together they have three children — Madelyn, Griffin and Graham.
- Five Star Wealth Manager,** Richmond Magazine, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Part-time Personal Finance Instructor at Virginia Commonwealth University 2000 & 2001
- Conducted seminars for CPAs and Attorneys on estate and retirement planning matters
- Speaking engagements with numerous professional and civic groups and seminars for clients on retirement, estate and financial-planning matters.
- Member of the Richmond Chapter of Financial Planning Association (Board Member 1997-99); Estate Planning Council of Richmond and Central Virginia Employee Benefits Council.